Congratulations! Here are the Parkside band students have been selected to perform with the PWCS Middle School Honors Bands. They will be performing with other band members from throughout the county on March 17 & 18.
Sebastian Gaona Escamilla
Music Showcase Festival Competition:
Every year the Parkside Music Department attends a competition in the spring. Information packets concerning the May 20 Busch Gardens Music Showcase have been given to all 8th grade band students. Please take time to complete the required forms. The due date for materials and fees is March 3.
1. Beginning scale patterns and new song Inception
1. Scale patterns assessment
2. Percussion assessment on roll rudiments. Stomp Cadence & Tadpole Cadence
3. Working on the Tempest, Tiger Fusion and chromatic scale
1. Working on the Tempest and Furioso.
2. Percussion working on flam taps and drag rudiments.
1. Students are working on basic rudiments and sticking patterns. The rudiments are the 5 stroke roll, single stroke roll and the flam. They have completed two cadences to date and have begun to play multi-percussion examples.
2. Assessment on the Combination Study (p12) will be on 11/17 & 11/18.
Musical Theatre Classes:
1. Monologues are due Monday for presentation to the class.
2. Teams are preparing a presentation about a selected Broadway musical. A brief synopsis and two songs with accompanying scenes for possible selection by the class to perform.
3. Continue to study techniques for breath support and singing. Breath support demonstration project is due after we return from the break.